The world's largest collection of
Wedding Speech Material
Our archive is packed with thousands of rip-roaring lines, hilarious anecdotes, tributes, roasts and toasts to help you craft a blockbuster wedding speech today.
Wedding Speeches Explained
The roster of wedding speeches typically begins with the father of the bride, followed by a few words from the groom and finally a comedic showstopper courtesy of his best man. However, in recent years a trend has developed where the bride herself also says a few words. Regardless of who is doing the speaking, the purpose of a wedding speech is to thank everyone in attendance, pay tribute to those who made the day happen, offer a brief insight into the lives of the newlyweds, and entertain the audience.
Wedding Speech Tips
- Before you write a single line you must first decide on a tone and style which suits you, but also your intended audience.
- Generate material by mining memories for anecdotes and sourcing quotes from friends and family.
- Surprise the audience with well-timed jokes, wedding speeches that contain humour are more memorable.
- An ideal length for a wedding speech is eight to ten minutes.
- Throw in some relevant topical references, but only if they'll make sense to everyone outside of your group of friends.
- Anecdotes included in wedding speeches should be amusing, but should not be cruel or cause offence.
- Include friendly digs and optimistic remarks in equal measure. Don't just mercilessly make fun of the occasion.
- Wedding speeches should not be accompanied by a video, they give the impression that the speaker is not confident.
- Draw on the day's events for humour, particularly if the dad's a bit stingy or there's that one Aunt who always gets trashed.
- Go out with a bang. Riddling the front row with an Uzi is one way to achieve this, but it's more acceptable to use your final line as a summary of the occasion.
February Wedding Speeches
As 2017 begrudgingly slips into its second calendar month, it may seem as if the year's news is destined to comprise of nothing more than politics. We've had the women's march, the protest against Trump's Muslim ban, and the entertaining fallout from our very own Prime Minister May being pictured holding hands with that ...
"I'm a bit nervous about the first dance, later, I must admit. I tried taking waltz lessons, but it didn't work outÖ for the whole course, it was two steps forward, one step back!"
WEDDING DAY REVEAL
A father of the bride delivers the perfect punch-line for a wonderfully conceived and executed joke setup.
Tap into the world's most extensive and up-to-date offering of wedding speech content, featuring: clever ideas, witty one-liners, apt phrases and touching sentiment. Take inspiration from great speeches and use our database of contemporary wedding speech material and fresh topical humour to craft a personalised piece.
BEST MAN SPEECH
Over 5,000 comical lines, hilarious observations, put-downs and roasts for a best man speech.
- A library of best man speech jokes to suit any audience
- Examples of the greatest best man speeches
- Templates to make writing your best man speech a breeze
FATHER OF THE BRIDE SPEECH
A tonne of entertaining speech material to help fathers cover both amusing and awkward wedding scenarios.
- An archive of hilarious one-liners to spice things up
- Pleasant and affectionate father of the bride speeches
- Time-tested templates to keep you on the right track
Everything you need to create a great groom speech that won't result in the bride leaving your plums to stew on the wedding night.
- A vault of smart, sentimental and spicy groom speech material
- Absolutely genius groom speeches from the past
- Groom speech templates to ensure you don't mess it up
All the tools a bride needs to craft an elegant, entertaining and evocative wedding speech.
- Our collection of unique and intelligent bridal speech material
- Fantastic bride speech samples to amuse and inspire you
- Simple bride speech templates to keep everything neat and tidy